A very simple and quick dish...
1. Sweet Potatoes-250gms-cut into 1" cubes
2. Capsicum-one large-cut in 1" cubes
3. Onion-one large-chopped finely
4. Tomatoes-3 large-chopped finely
5. Garlic-one clove-chopped finely
6. Coriander powder-1tsp
7. Turmeric powder-pinch
8. Chilly powder-2 tsp, green chilly-1-slit
10. Curd-one cup-if you like you can use a sour one
11. Salt , oil, mustard seeds(1 tsp), jeera(1 tsp), urud dal(1 tsp), curry leaf-10-chopped
Heat the oil and add the mustard. Once they are done spluttering add the rest of the items in 11(except salt of-course;) ) and cinnamon. Add the onion and green chilly and fry till the onion are transparent. Add the tomatoes and capsicum and fry for 3 minutes. Add the turmeric, coriander powder, chilly powder and the salt needed. Mix and cook for a minute. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Add the curd and cook closed for few minutes, till the potatoes are soft. Should not take more than 8-10 minutes. Add little water if you want a little gravy. Done.
Can add ginger, cardamom, coconut milk/paste, peas, beans, cauliflower...use your imagination.
Came across this one, sounds interesting: Sweet Potato Eggplant Spinach Madras curry
Microworm culture updates dt 19-Feb
5 days ago